Ways to stay calm during the pandemic
Keep Calm & Go Veg (I) - Vegetarian Fried Rice
1. PICKLED VEGETABLES
Ingredients: Pickled vegetables, chili, ginger, sugar, white vinegar, and salad oil
- Marinate pickled vegetables with sugar and vinegar for half an hour.
- Squeeze dry for later use.
- Stir-fry sliced ginger, then add oil, salt, pickled vegetables, and chili.
2. FRIED RICE
Ingredients: Rice, bok choy, tofu, pepper, soy sauce, and salad oil
- Dice the tofu and bok choy.
- Separate the stems and leaves for later use.
- Heat the pan.
- Add oil, a little salt, and diced tofu.
- Stir-fry the tofu until they turn golden brown.
- Add pepper and soy sauce.
- Set aside for later use.
- Add oil, bok choy stems, white rice, and finally bok choy leaves.
- Stir-fry until the rice is soft and chewy.
- Add soy sauce, tofu, and stir-fry.
- Add pickled vegetables to fried rice.
Keep Calm & Go Veg (II) - Arhat Soup
Ingredients: sliced ginger, mushrooms, tomatoes, cabbage, bok choy, lima beans, corn, fried tofu, taro, vegetarian meatballs, and mushrooms
Seasoning: Edible oil, soy sauce, and salt
1. Add edible oil to the wok
2. Add sliced ginger, mushrooms, and tomatoes
3. Add soy sauce and stir-fry the ingredients.
1. Place cabbage, bok choy, and lima beans, corn, fried tofu, taro, and vegetarian meatballs into pot
2. Add stir-fried ingredients into pot
3. Add water and salt
4. Turn on the heat, bring soup to boil, then simmer until fully cooked.
Keep Calm & Cultivate (I) - Setting up the place for chanting
How do we set up the place for chanting at home?
1. Clean the altar
2. Put on the robe
3. Make an offering of incense
4. Make an offering of water
5. Make three prostrations
6. Begin chanting
7. Dedicate your merits
Keep Calm & Cultivate (II) – How to practice Sutra Transcription
How should we transcribe the sutras?
1. Meditate for five minutes
2. Generate a good motivation
3. Transcribe the sutra
4. Focus on every stroke
5. Dedicate the merits upon completion
Keep Calm & Cultivate (III) - Tea Chan
Do you know how to make a good cup of tea?
2. Warm the teapot
3. Prepare tea leaves
4. Smell the tea fragrance
5. Warm the tea serving pot
6. Put tea leaves into pot
7. Pour hot water
8. Warm the tea cups
9. Pour out tea
10. Pour tea into teacups
11. Serve tea